Season 2 | Episode 18 • Anna Corbeaux
Host & Guest
Kathleen Kaiser &
About This Episode
Do you need an editor? Have you ever wanted to pick an editor’s brain before you had to pay them? Do you even know what an editor does for your manuscript?
We round out 2022 with our last episode of the season and the talented Anna Corbeaux of Corbeaux Editorial Services. Kathleen and Adanna pick the brain of a full-time working copy and developmental editor to get your questions answered. Anna is so open with advice for what you can do as an author to make your manuscript great. From plotting your story, and character arcs, to grammar and when to let your editor take over your commas. These three get into the nitty gritty of what makes a book. Almost no stone was left unturned over this hour-long conversation. It’s an episode you don’t want to miss for your writing journey.
We at Talking Book Publishing are looking forward to 2023 and our third season. We will continue to bring you great guests for fun and informative conversations. We’ve especially enjoyed our new platform with a more roundtable feel. We hope you will as well.
We wish everyone Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year. Please let us know if there are topics you’d like us to cover in the upcoming season by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you all in 2023!
Resources from Anna:
- Save the Cat! Writes a Novel by Jessica Brody
- Jessica Brody also has a beat sheet breakdown on her website at https://www.jessicabrody.com/2020/11/how-to-write-your-novel-using-the-save-the-cat-beat-sheet/
- I recommend Emma Darwin’s blog at This Itch of Writing a lot, but specifically her series about POV which starts with this post: https://emmadarwin.typepad.com/thisitchofwriting/2011/10/point-of-view-narrators-1-the-basics.html
- And her post about psychic/narrative distance here: https://emmadarwin.typepad.com/thisitchofwriting/psychic-distance-what-it-is-and-how-to-use-it.html
- The book Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King is another excellent resource for learning more about POV, as well as all sorts of other stuff.
About our guest
Anna Corbeaux is a lifelong lover of all that is dark and disturbing. As an editor, she thrives when she can conspire with authors to help them tell their stories, elevate their writing, and bend the rules that do not serve them. She specializes in dark, fantasy, and paranormal romance, though she loves working with all sorts of genre fiction.
Season 3 | Episode 10 • Bruce Luyendyk
Join Kathleen and Adanna as they welcome geologist and author Bruce Luyendyk to discuss his upcoming memoir, “Mighty Bad Land,” available May 30. In this engaging episode, Bruce shares his experiences during his first scientific expedition to Antarctica, where he and his five-person team embarked on a six-week geology quest, accidentally discovering a new continent and unraveling the mysteries of Zealandia, the world’s eighth continent.
Season 3 | 9 • LATFB Part Three
Host & Guest Guests Tricia Cochée Ravven White Parvati Markus Nadja Gerry Haller Host Kathleen Kaiser Adanna Moriarty Resources worldstagepress.org/product/the-orisha-talks/ curiouscorvidpublishing.com parvatimarkus.com NadjaMedia.com About...
Season 3 | Episode 8 • LATFB Part Two
Host & Guest Guests Kimberly Davis Basso Tonia Shimin Jacob Kilgore Vibiana Aparicio-Chamberlin Host Kathleen Kaiser Adanna Moriarty Resources KimberlyDavisBasso.com symeonshimin.com weloveophelia.online/ artediosa.com About This EpisodeWelcome...